Right Now, People Are Promoting Anti-mask and it’s completely Wrong!
The U.S. Surgeon General and W.H.O. are spreading news, that masks are not effective at preventing COVID-19 spread. Who knows why they are saying this. Maybe this is some kind of fake news, just to be able to get masks to the front line ( Nurses and Doctors fighting the Pandemic). Look it’s only common sense to know that anything that prevents any type of aerial viruses from being transmitted lowers the virality of COVID-19 1
So what is the U.S Surgeon General demanding for people to stop buying masks?
Here is a latest post, that they are stating that its not effective in preventing the general public from catching the Coronavirus, but if healthcare providers can’t get them to care for sick patients, it puts them and our communities at risk! Here is the Link : http://bit.ly/37Ay6C
What the UN is saying is that if you don’t have any type of symptoms such as respiratory symptoms, which include, fever, cough, or runny nose, you do not need to wear a medical mask. When used alone, masks can give you a false feeling of protection and can even be a source of infection when not used correctly . Here is that post : https://bit.ly/2QN3QOp
What we find is that these two are kinda wrong. And we need to get this out. We want the U.S. Surgeon General and The World Health Organization to reverse their decision to stop people from buying masks, and start promoting a universal mask wearing culture, so we can stop the spread faster.
This is actually a fact that Countries that are pro mask wearing have lower infections. Here are some real facts below.
Japan has been always been considered a mask-wearing culture, and because of that , it also has the lowest COVID-19 infection rates
Despite Japan’s large elderly population and early infection, the infection and death rate is one of the lowest in the world. A leading reason for this is Japan’s strong mask-wearing culture lowering the virality of COVID-19 to manageable levels. Japan has only had 1,387 infections, yet being one of the earliest countries to become infected 2. Tokyo Metropolitan Police paper towel mask
Here is how the Czech Republic is fighting the fight against the Corona Virus.
Starting on March 18, the Czech Republic made it mandatory to wear a mask while in public. So far there have only been 2,279 COVID-19 confirmed cases, making it one of the lowest infected countries in Europe. 6 We should keep a close on the Czech Republic’s future infection rate relative to its neighbors to show the quantifiable impact of mask-wearing. OVERVIEW: Czech campaign #masks4all.
Let’s promote mask-wearing culture to lower COVID-19 infections.
Anything that prevents aerosolized viruses from being transmitted person-to-person will lower COVID-19’s infection rate 5.
- Wear a mask when outside of your home to avoid lingering aerosolized virus droplets3.
- N95 masks are better than surgical masks, but anything that prevents breathing in moisture partials with viruses helps. 4
- We need hard data that show a direct effect of a strong mask-wearing culture to lower COVID-19 virality. We only have anecdotal research at this point.
- Going in public without a mask in a pandemic is like riding a motorcycle without a helmet. You don’t look cool. People see you and think you don’t value your life.
- Promote research that shows the benefits of wearing masks. Research
- Start promoting universal masks-wearing at the local level. Encourage your neighbors, apartment building, and city government to wear masks.
Our Top Recommendations To Protect You Better
- 1.) Rational use of face masks in the COVID-19 pandemic
- 2.) Coronavirus: How Japan keeps COVID-19 under control
- 3.) Coronavirus can travel twice as far as official ‘safe distance’ and stay in air for 30 minutes, Chinese study finds
- 4.) Testing the Efficacy of Homemade Masks: Would They Protect in an Influenza Pandemic?
- 5.) Association between 2019-nCoV transmission and N95 respirator use
- 6.) Simple DIY masks could help flatten the curve. We should all wear them in public.
- 7.) COVID-19 CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC